Examples. Quiz - Identify types of pronouns in a sentence
- Demonstrative Pronouns - point out a specific persons, animals, places, things or ideas.
- Personal Pronouns - stand in for people, places, things and ideas.
- Indefinite Pronouns – replace nouns without specifying which noun they replace.
- Intensive Pronouns - emphasize (intensify) a noun or another pronoun.
- Interrogative Pronouns – used to begin or introduce interrogative sentences.
- Reciprocal Pronouns - show a mutual relationship.
- Reflexive Pronouns – point back to the subject of the sentence.
- Relative Pronouns - begin a subordinate clause and connect it to another noun that precedes it.
For detailed explanation and examples of the types of pronouns refer to Pronouns page.